- Assistant Professor, School of Economics, Peking University, 2019-present
- "What You Import Matters for Productivity Growth: Experience from Chinese Manufacturing Firms," (with Larry D. Qiu, Hongsong Zhang, and Xiaoyu Dong) Journal of Development Economics, Volume 152, September 2021, 102677. PDF (Working paper version) Link
- "Land Financing and Economic Growth: Evidence from Chinese Counties," China Economic Review, August 2018, Vol.50: 218-239. PDF (Working paper version) Slides Link
- "Government Intervention, Land Market, and Urban Development: Evidence from Chinese Cities," (with Jipeng Zhang and Jianyong Fan) Economic Inquiry, January 2017, Vol.55(1): 115–136. Link
- "Housing Models and Urbanization in China: Empirical Research from the Perspective of Land Supply (居住模式与中国城镇化——基于土地供给视角的经验研究)," (with Jianyong Fan and Jipeng Zhang) Social Sciences in China (in Chinese, 中国社会科学), April 2015: 44-63.
- "Local Government Debt, Land Market Institution and Regional Industrial Growth (地方债务, 土地市场与地区工业增长)," (with Jianyong Fan) Economic Research Journal (in Chinese, 经济研究), January 2014: 41-55. Online Appendix1, Appendix2
- "The Impact of Disaster Relief on Economic Growth: Evidence from China," (with Xian Xu) The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance-Issues and Practice, May 2013, Vol.38: 495-520.
Working Papers & Work in Progress
- "Quantifying Network Advantage," March 2022.
- "Polluted Games," with Ye Yuan and Zenan Wu, March 2022.
- "Transport Infrastructure and Spatial Distribution of Residents: Dispersion or Concentration?" June 2020.
- "Road Infrastructure, Inventory, and Markup," with Hongsong Zhang and Yating Jiang, 2021.